Sunday, March 20, 2016

Drabble #14-16 (300 words)

My face is swollen. The redness covering my entire left eyelid strikes me the hardest. The eczema's been there for six months, and is still relentlessly going at it. It's not so bad, I tell myself. But it is, especially when I look at my other eyelid for comparison. Bug bites span across the surface of my left forehead, probably because I sleep on my right, leaving the left exposed. They're bumpy. Some are new, and are especially prominent, but some are faded, but then again not really. A bug bite on each cheekbone.  A faded bug bite in the hollow of my left cheek. A prominent one right under my right. The violet pools underneath my eyes don't help anything. There's eczema on my upper lip, on the left side of my face. Waxing the hair off of it it yesterday must have irritated it more. There are three bug bites down the length of my nose, and some eczema threatening to spread to the other eyelid. There are two more bug bites right beneath my jaw. They're fiery red. Two fresh ones on my neck, where hickies should be. One on the back of my neck. I let out a halfhearted laugh, because the idea of getting a hickey on the back of my neck is just really funny. Also I look awful. But that's not as funny as the first thing. I hope the eczema lotion comes soon, I sigh. For now, there's really nothing I can do about it except slap on some concealer, suck it up, and get over it. I have way too much karmic debt to pay off. I shake my head, and exit the bathroom. It's going to be another normal day. Except I am totally not wearing a bra today. Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment